Tuesday 14 June 2016

My Langkawi trip








Day 1, March 13, 2016
For my holiday on March, I went to Langkawi with my family. We left the airport in Malaysia at around 7.15 pm and we arrived at Langkawi airport at about 8.32am. My parents booked a car which name was Toyota Vios at Heavenly Car Rental for RM430 for four days. We adjourned to our hotel, Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort, which was ten minutes from the airport. We were served with cold towel and cold live juice because it was very hot outside. My mom checked in but rooms were not available. So instead of just waiting at the lobby, we went to the town and had our breakfast at Breakfast Bar. It is famous for their pancakes. It was very scrumptious. We went to the hotel again to check on the rooms and they gave us one room so that we can clean and freshen up. The room was unbelievable big and it was also an adjoining room. The room numbers were 1602 and 1603. Later, we went to the UnderWater World which was a 15 minutes drive from our hotel. We bought our tickets and left because the show started at 3.00 pm. We went to English Tea Room for our lunch. It was delicious. We went back to the UnderWater World and saw many kinds of animals such as lizards,flamingos,fishes,parrots,seals,penguins and many more. I snapped a lot of videos and photos while we were on the way because I have never seen many animals in one place before. We also saw a giant octopus,giant stingray,giant white tortoise,fishes and a huge eel. At last, we watched the feeding on the penguins and seals,the penguins were really cute and some was funny while the seals were really smart when they did their trick.Afterwards,we returned to the hotel and relaxed.Later we went swimming with my siblings and my dad, I had a lot of fun. The pool was huge and they have different ones,the adults one which is more deeper,the spa, the kiddie pool and more fun water obstacles. We went back to the hotel to bathe and we left the hotel to go to Orkid Ria for dinner, I definitely recommend those who love seafood to go there. It was absolutely amazing!!!!

Day 2, March 14, 2016
The next day, we woke up at 7.00 am so that we could go to Langkawi Sky Cab. It tok half an hour to reach there but it was worth it. It was really crowded but my dad and sister managed to get 5 tickets which costs RM200. It was a family package which contains Sky Cable, Sky Rex, Sky Dome and 6D animation show. It actually only took 10 minutes to reach midway and 5 minutes to reach the top. We also had to jungle trek to reach the Skybridge. While we were halfway jungle trekking, we had biscuits for our "so called" breakfast. We tried to walk back up but we were very tired so instead we took the lift. The Sky Rex and the 6D animation show was AWESOME!!! After that, we headed back to the hotel to relax and we went to the swimming pool again but my mom just stayed at home, watching TV. We had dinner at Fish Farm Restaurant at Kuah Town. Environment was lovely but service was poor, food was not fresh and it was very expensive. We also went to the Eagle Square which had the biggest eagle statue I had ever seen, so we tried taking pictures of it but it was kind of under construction, and that made me sad because I have never seen a statue of an eagle before. My sister said that there should be lights but since it was under construction, no lights. But it was very cold and windy a night which almost felt like I was still in Australia. 

Day 3, March 15, 2016
We woke up and adjourned to Red Tomato for our breakfast, it was yummy. Then we went to the Duty Free Shop which was also called Zon Langkawi. My mom bought a lot of snacks and since we had our aching legs because of the jungle trekking, we went back to our hotel to relax for a while. Next thing we did was get in the car and went to our next destination which was Wildlife Park & Birds, for that, we had to buy a bag of vegetables so that we can feed some of the animals that was harmless. That place was very memorable because, one, a bird flew on my sister's head and my dad managed to snap a pic. We touched a python snake and my dad got peed by a rabbit on his slippers. Once that was done, my mom and my sister bought colourful batik dresses. Later at night, we went to the Night Market and we managed to get some snacks so we went back to the hotel and enjoyed our snacks while watching TV.

Day 4, March 16, 2016
Finally,the last day, we woke up at 11.00 am because we were very tired and exhausted. But we still had to pack our bags to check out. It was about 12.30 pm when we checked out. For breakfast, we went to Yellow Beach Cafe and by its name,yes it was near a beach. We still had time till our flight so we went to the Eagle Square again since it was daytime and we could see the eagle clearer, and unbelievable it was super windy, so when I took a selfie with the eagle, my hair was just in the way, and I was wearing a cap too so to prevent getting my cap flown away, I took my cap and hung it with my bag. Now our flight was delayed to 9.40 pm, so again we went to Duty Free Saga Shopping Center. We could go back to the hotel so that's what we did. The bellshop staff let us use the Leisure Centre for bathing which was very kind of them. Then we went to a room called Hospitality Lounge which was super huge and plenty of seats. They also had coffee and tea facilities. We spend most of our time there until 6.15 pm as that's when we left the hote and had Mcdonalds for dinner. After dinner, we had our last minute shopping of chcolates and I also bought a pack of jelly beans. 

By Ilysha Yap
Class: Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment